Richard Michael DeWine is a politician and attorney of America. He has been currently serving as Ohio’s 70th governor. DeWine is also a member of the Republican Party and a former Senator of the United States, elected in 1994 and re-elected in 2000.
DeWine was born on 5th January 1947 in Yellow Springs, Ohio, and grew up there. He is the son of Richard Lee DeWine and Jean Ruth (Liddle). He lives in the Ohio city of Cedarville. He is a Roman Catholic of Irish descent. His birth sign is Gemini.
Michael DeWine Quick facts and Information
|Full name||Richard Michael DeWine|
|Date of birth||January 5, 1947|
|Birth Place||Yellow Springs, Ohio|
|Father’s Name||Richard Lee DeWine|
|Mother’s Name||Jean Ruth|
|Education||Miami University/ Ohio Northern University Law School|
|Residing town||Ohio city of Cedarville|
|Marital Status||Married (Frances Struewing)|
|Social Media||Instagram/ Twitter/ Facebook|
|Net Worth||Approximately $20 million|
Michael DeWine Body Appearance
|Height||5 feet 6 inches|
|Weight||70 Kg (154 lbs.)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mike stands at a height of 5 feet 7 inches (1.74 inches). He weighs around 70kg (154 lbs.). He wears a shoe size of 9 (UK). Mike has blonde hair and a dark brown eye.
Michael DeWine Education
In 1969, for his undergraduate degree in education, DeWine attended Miami University. In 1972, he attended Ohio Northern University Law School and obtained his J.D
Michael DeWine Career
DeWine graduated from Law school in 1972. He then worked as an assistant prosecuting lawyer for Greene County in Ohio. He was 25 years old when working for Greene County, Ohio. DeWine was elected as the county prosecutor in 1976 and he worked for almost 4 years. DeWine was elected to the Ohio Senate in 1980 and served a two-year term there.
In 1981, DeWine ran for the seat vacated by Congressman Bud Brown of the House of Representatives of the United States. DeWine was re-elected thrice to represent the 7th Congressional District. DeWine left Congress as the running mate of George Voinovich for Ohio Lieutenant Governor in 1990. DeWine won the ticket and DeWine worked for one term as lieutenant governor before pursuing a U.S. Seat in the Senate.
DeWine ran for the United States Senate again, after two years. This time, he defeated attorney Joel Hyatt by a 14 point victory margin. He worked until 2006 when he lost his seat to Democratic challenger Sherrod Brown in the midterm elections. In November 2010, DeWine was first elected to serve as attorney general of Ohio and assumed office in January 2011. In 2014, he was re-elected. DeWine served until 2019 when he became Ohio’s governor. DeWine was elected governor of Ohio on 6th November 2018. He took office on 14th January 2019.
Michael DeWine Works
- DeWine signed into law House Bill 493, referred to as the Ohio “Heartbeat Bill” prohibiting abortion after a heartbeat is detected in a fetus, including in cases of rape and incest in April 2019. The bill imposed one of the nation’s most extensive abortion restrictions. Abortion is opposed by DeWine. In the Senate, he was the lead sponsor of the Unborn Victims of Violence Act.
- In 2004, DeWine co-sponsored an amendment to renew the Ban on Federal Assault Weapons. He has received an “F” rating repeatedly from the National Rifle Association. He was endorsed for Governor by the National Rifle Association.
- As U.S. Senator, DeWine joined a bipartisan effort to reduce the national maximum blood alcohol limit from 0.10 percent to 0.08 percent and to require reporting on private property, such as parking lots and driveways, of vehicle-related deaths. He promoted laws to determine when aging tires are unsafe.
- DeWine opposed same-sex marriage and endorsed the United States’ Federal Marriage Amendment. A constitution that would have avoided marriage of the same sex.
- DeWine did not join the lawsuits filed by more than 22 states in the months following the proposal by FCC Commissioner Ajit Pai to roll back online consumer protections and regulations on net neutrality.
Michael DeWine Awards
DeWine won against Dr. Nathan Davis by the American Medical Association in 1996. In 2001, he won the Ohio Psychological Association Outstanding Public Service Award. He also won the Suicide Prevention Action Network (SPAN USA)’s Allies for Action Award in 2006. In the same year, he won the Crime fighter award from the Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN).
Michael DeWine Relationships
Michael DeWine was married to Frances Struewing on 3rd June 1967. Both of them met each other while they were in first grade. When they were still undergraduate students at Miami University, they got married. The couple has eight children: Alice DeWine, Pat DeWine, Mark DeWine, Anna DeWine, Brian DeWine, Rebecca “Becky” DeWine, Jill DeWine, and John DeWine.
In 1993, one of their daughters, Rebecca DeWine, died in a car accident. The current Supreme Court Justice of Ohio, R. Patrick DeWine, is the son of Mike DeWine. Kevin DeWine (R-Fairborn) is the second cousin of DeWine who is a former Ohio Republican Party Chairman. DeWine and his family own the Asheville Tourists of Minor League Baseball.
Michael DeWine Social Media
Micheal DeWine is active on Instagram with the account name, gov mike dewine with 54k followers.
Michael has two accounts on Twitter, Governor Mike DeWine with 386.5k followers (joined in January 2009) and personal account, Mike DeWine with 126.8k followers (joined in April 2009).
He has two Facebook pages, Mike DeWine with 171k followers and Governor Mike DeWine with 235k followers.
Michael DeWine Net worth
The political career is the primary income of Mike. His estimated net worth is around $20 million as of 2020.